NAV / Unit Pricing
pControl NAV / Unit Pricing automates the daily process of valuing funds and striking unit prices for individual funds or across any interfunded investment structure.
NAV / Unit Pricing is designed to address the requirement for efficient, scalable valuation and unit pricing for asset owners and asset managers who operate in-house fund administration, or for service providers offering fund administration services.
This includes calculation of gross asset values, calculation and accrual of liabilities such as management fees, performance fees, tax provisions and rebates, and calculation of the NAV and the unit price; providing a structured process to automate all stages of a fund’s NAV calculation and Unit Pricing on a straight through processing basis.
Pre-pricing and post-pricing validations provide assurance that operational controls are fully implemented and consistently applied.
- Uploads, merges and validates data from multiple sources, including accounting systems, registry and transfer agencies, and external data providers.
- Valuation and pricing templates support periodic, technical/hard close, indexed and ex-distribution pricing.
- Accommodates single price or multiple price types such as NAV, bid, offer, or swing prices, and crediting rates.
- Supports multi-class, multi-currency and hedged share classes.
- Calculates management fees, performance fees, tax provisions and rebates.
- Support for client specific templates, with flexibility to configure client or fund specific business rules.
- Comprehensive price validations allow users to manage validation breaches on an exception basis.
- Ability to manage multiple tolerance settings across hierarchies of clients, products, sectors and portfolios.
- Allows for multiple pricing points and complete or partial pricing re-runs with full audit history.
- Full audit trail of all pricing activity allows review by stakeholders and auditors.
- Email of reports to compliance teams, trustees and pricing team members.
- Production Summary dashboard delivers progress monitoring of all NAV calculation and unit pricing activities for each processing date.
- Attention Status Monitor dashboard provides real-time exception monitoring for any activity with critical completion or Service Level Agreement deadlines.
The NAV / Unit Pricing end-to-end control framework and standard process template delivers a known end-state with defined target metrics. This simplifies client re-engineering decisions and ensures a predictable time-line to benefits.
The standard process template includes the following:
- Loading of external valuations, cash flows and supporting data
- Testing of pre-pricing validations
- Calculation of gross asset values
- Calculation of fees, rebates and tax provisions
- Calculation of net asset value
- Calculation of unit price, crediting rate or allocation of value
- Testing of post-pricing validations
- Approval and release of prices
The NAV / Unit Pricing capability is included within the following solutions: