NAV Movement Analysis
pControl NAV Movement Analysis provides fund accountants with a consistent methodology to diagnose and explain price or valuation movements and remedy exceptions before a price is released.
NAV Movement Analysis is a standard methodology designed to explain the impact of any category of NAV movement between valuation points. The methodology provides consistency for operations teams and allows fund accountants the ability to drill from total level exceptions to underlying valuation or transaction details.
NAV Movement Analysis provides a configurable framework allowing standard validations to be performed across any NAV movement category and new checks to be added quickly and easily.
- Movement analysis methodology details hierarchical NAV movement breakdown for analysis or client reporting.
- Category hierarchy is configurable by client to meet requirements around NAV constituent breakdowns.
- Provides detailed portfolio valuation movement from the previous valuation point.
- Total NAV movement is categorised into movement due to Capital Flows, Asset Price Changes and Other Assets and Liabilities.
- Movement due to Capital Flows is categorised by cashflows, unit movement and dilution.
- Movement due to Asset Price Changes is broken down by asset class or other criteria.
- Movement due to Other Asset and Liabilities is categorised into impacts of cash, transaction profit and loss, income and expenses.
- Tolerance checking may be applied to all levels of the movement breakdown hierachy.
- Quickly identifies anomalies at the constituent value level per portfolio.
- Includes standard validations library supported by a configurable validation framework.
- Provides complete process transparency and control via drill-down user interface and dashboards.
- Ability to export for downstream reporting.
- Full audit trail of all NAV movement validation activity allows review by stakeholders and auditors.
- Production Summary dashboard delivers progress monitoring of all validation activities for each processing date.
- Attention Status Monitor dashboard provides real-time exception monitoring for any activity with critical completion or Service Level Agreement deadlines.
NAV Movement Analysis is fully integrated within the NAV Control end-to-end control framework.
The NAV Control end-to-end control framework and standard process template delivers a known end-state with defined target metrics. This simplifies client re-engineering decisions and ensures a predictable time-line to benefits.