Market Data Validations
pControl Market Data Validations automates the daily capture, validation and storage of market data, and automates the calculation of composite benchmarks to support fund movement validations.
Standard input processes load market data including security prices, market indices and FX rates from a variety of data sources. A comprehensive set of standard template checks ensure that market data is validated prior to being made available for other processes such as NAV Control’s Asset Level Validations or Fund Analytics.
- Standard validation library includes checks for total, sector and security level indices, FX rates and security prices including:
- Zero value and zero movement checks
- Stale value detection checks
- Movement tolerance checks
- Security to index movement comparison checks.
- Validations framework allows client specific checks to be configured.
- Calculation of daily composite benchmark returns using either static benchmark weights , interest rates or other fund returns.
- Ability to generate historic composite benchmark returns via a market data initialisation process.
- Support for primary and secondary sources with validation to compare primary to secondary.
- Elimination of errors through direct upload, aggregation and validation of data from multiple data sources.
- Provides complete process transparency and control via drill-down user interface and dashboards.
- Full audit trail of all market data validation activity allows review by stakeholders and auditors.
- Production Summary dashboard delivers progress monitoring of all validation activities for each processing date.
- Attention Status Monitor dashboard provides real-time exception monitoring for any activity with critical completion or Service Level Agreement deadlines.
Market Data Validations is fully integrated within the NAV Control end-to-end control framework.
The NAV Control end-to-end control framework and standard process template delivers a known end-state with defined target metrics. This simplifies client re-engineering decisions and ensures a predictable time-line to benefits.