Milestone Group exhibited at this event.
The NICSA 29th Annual Conference titled “Sizing up the Future” focused on an analysis of investment industry operations and technology, providing information industry professionals need to move forward in the new regulatory environment.
Each year NICSA’s highly-regarded signature event brings together influential thought leaders and hundreds of industry professionals for a multiple-day event, showcasing up-to-the-minute information and relevant topics, engaging keynote speakers, and formal and informal discussion opportunities.
Featured keynote speakers included:
- F. William McNabb III, Chairman and CEO of Vanguard
- George C.W. Gatch, Chief Executive Officer of JP Morgan Asset Management Americas
- Shlomo Benartzi, Professor and Co-Chair of the Behavioral Decision-Making Group – UCLA Anderson School of Management
- Scott Klososky, Author, Internet Entrepreneur and Technology Expert.
- C. Tyler Mathisen, Vice President, Strategic Editorial Initiatives, Co-Anchor of “Power Lunch,” CNBC
- Tom Steinert-Threlkeld, Editorial Director, Money Management Group, SourceMedia
Key topics included:
- The State of the Investment Industry, moderated by Theresa Hamacher, CFA, President, NICSA
- CIO Roundtable, moderated by Tom Steinert-Threlkeld, Editor-in-Chief, Securities Technology Monitor
- Portfolio Managers’ Roundtable, moderated by Donald Marchesiello, Global Head of Traditional Research, Citi
- Web Experience
- Cost Basis
- Retirement Savings
- Communicating with Customers using Social Media
- Omnibus Trends
- Regulatory Hot Topics in the Fund Admin/Custody Arena
- Data Analytics
- Operational Challenges of Going Global
- Breakfast Roundtable Discussions:
- Tax Law
- Wealth Management
- TA Vendor Oversight
- Fund Admin/Custody Vendor Oversight
- Cost Basis